Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quilt Top...

Winds were blowing and rain was coming down hard last night, so couldn't get internet access to post this. Sometimes, satellite speed internet is not fun.

So yeah...all done with the quilt top. I would do a few things differently, were I to do it again. But, overall, I am pleased.

This is the top left corner...those strips of color are in the top outer border. Ya know, measure twice, cut once? I didn't follow that rule...came up a bit short, so threw those in there to make up for the shortage. The border was only 1" short, but I didn't want it to look as if I had measured wrong and had to piece...so put all the strips from the blocks up there...~grin~.


And, look...each strip is a different width, but somehow, together they came out to be exactly the size of the middle block and sashings. Only a very lucky person...or a genius...

I have interesting plans for the backing...I think. It'd be great to get this completely sewn and quilted before next Tuesday. We shall see.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like how all those colors came together. Joyce

Anonymous said...

Looks even better than I had imagined!!! Good job. Julie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails