Saturday, March 2, 2013

Marching On...


I am so happy that March is finally here.  I am tired of winter.  Spring (well, the official day of, anyway) is in less than 3 weeks.  woohoo!  Warmer weather has got to be coming our way soon! 

I haven't done any sewing at all this past week.  I finally got the itch to do something, so cut some fabric tonight.  I have another baby quilt to make...

Those are all green prints...and much prettier in person.  There's a story here that I'll share when the quilt is completed.

I stopped in at my lqs this morning.  Grabbed one of these...

There may be a story involving these fabrics and my lqs.  Time will tell.

Here's the brown boy...though his head is resting on his snowman, I am sure that he, too, is dreaming of spring!

Another upcoming project for me involves these fabrics.  I may be able to add 'designer extraordinaire' after my name if this turns out.  ~grin~

Of course, I do have more projects, but I think this is all my mind can handle for now.

I really must get some quilt tops put together with batting and backings and quilted!  I don't seem to have the energy for that right now.  They'll be there waiting when I am ready.  

Had a little chat with my grandson, Conlan, tonight.  He is 10 years old and we chat on the phone like two little old ladies...it is hilarious!  He was at home and I was here...we were both watching Hawaii 5-O and talking about the cast of characters.  His favorite is Steve McGarret (Alex O'Loughlin).  I told Conlan that he was my favorite, too...and that I thought he was terribly good-looking.  When I asked Conlan if he liked him for the same reason, he laughed and told me that he liked him cuz he was the 'only one on the show with abs'.  Cracked me up!  But, he's right.  Here he is...and wearing those eternal cargo pants.   ~sigh~


Something new...the other night, Kisa laid right behind Tag on the ottoman.  They are touching!  I was very surprised...this is a first.  I guess they do enjoy each other's company, after all!  Well, at least this time.  ~grin~

That's all I have to share with you tonight.  I plan to sew tomorrow, so you may want to check back and see what I accomplished!

In the meantime, have a great rest of the weekend!




"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

5 comments:

kks said...

great fabrics and sweet Tag and kitty pics!
xoxo

Rugs and Pugs said...

That picture of Tag with his grey face just melts my heart!!!
I look forward to seeing all your projects.
I am so ready for spring, too. It's snowing in northern Ohio again this morning. I hope we don't get too much accumulation.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Awwww. Cute pic of Tag with his beloved snowman!! Wow.... Kisa is touching him?? Very rich colors!

moosecraft said...

Those fabrics are pretty! Love the grouping in the first pic... they play together so nicely! I'm glad Kissa is getting comfy with Tag. The abs are sure nice too! lol! From the mouths of babes... gotta love kiddos!

WoolenSails said...

I love all the fabrics you are using, can't wait to see the quilts you make with them. My guy doesn't trust my crazy cats so he hates it when they try to snuggle up with him.

Debbie