Sunday, March 17, 2013

More Snow Days!



You can see in the photo below that there are many, many blocks to piece for this quilt.  After the blocks are pieced, I will attach them in sections and do the additional stitching (extending the trees onto the pieced border blocks), then I will sew the sections together.  It is going to take some serious time to complete.  And, let us not forget about the custom quilting on this one!  I will show you blocks as I get them done...just wanted to prepare you to not expect a finish in the very near future.

Here is the pattern cover... 

Here's what I did yesterday...


With the knowledge that 'snow days' is going to be an ongoing project for quite some time (I really want to get it done by next winter), I really feel the need to have other projects to work on.  Really?  So, I went ahead and cut out some 3 1/2 inch squares from one of the groupings of fabric from Cathy...see this post.  

These prints just seemed to belong together, so how could I resist?  I may have a few in my stash to add to them.  I will for sure add some white squares to make it a nice baby quilt size.

Gosh, could a girl have too many wip's?  Well, perhaps.

At any rate, I am having fun.

Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!
 


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

5 comments:

kelley said...

Always need to have more than one project going on at once...what is happening to me...I like those light and bright squares...arghhhh...aliens must be taking over my brain...

WoolenSails said...

That is really a lot of work with the stitching and piecing but it will be so beautiful when it is all together.

Debbie

Dog Trot Farm said...

Jacque, you are amazing... working on one very large project and taking on another...you put me to shame!!!Greetings from snowy Maine, Julie.

Lindy said...

I can't wait to see this completed! It will be something!

moosecraft said...

I'm still giggling about the fact that we're already TWO years into this Snow Days! lol! I agree about having some smaller projects for variety during the time of a big project.... it keeps it all interesting! I'm already planning out NEXT weekend.... is it Friday, yet? lol!