Sunday, March 10, 2013

Cover Up...

  
Since living here in this smaller space, I haven't had my old computer desk and setup.  I've been using my laptop...and sometimes my cell phone.  However, son Paul, et al., gave me an eprinter for my birthday (thank you guys!).  But, smaller space...no desk...where to put it?  Being wireless, it could go anywhere.  I finally settled on putting it at the end of my sewing table.  I don't use a printer a lot, but I do like to have one.  And, because I don't use it everyday, I decided to keep it turned off and covered until I needed to use it.  Okay...covered up.  With...ohyeah, I could make something!  

Here it is... 
 
 
It was actually fairly simple.  It took me longer to quilt it than anything else.  Height times two plus width by height times two plus length.  I basted together the main fabric and batting and quilted it in the wavy lines you see in the above photo.  Which, by the way, I really like!  I subtracted 1/4" from the height measurement (to allow for the seam width) and cut a square from each cover of the lining and the main fabric.  After sewing those 8 seams to make the square corners, I put the lining (right side out) inside the wrong side of the main fabric, then sewed the binding on.  Once I hand stitched the binding to the inside, I was done!  Now my new eprinter won't get all dusty/dirty.  

Son Paul came yesterday and hooked up my blu-ray player.  I set up a Netflix account...and, so far, I have watched 4 movies.  lol.  Three of them I had seen before, but I enjoyed watching them again.  

The new "Footloose" movie was the one I hadn't yet seen...I liked it! 

It's been raining most of the weekend...a good excuse for not doing much. 

How about you...were you ambitious and did you accomplish a lot, or did you pretty much just hang out as I did?

Have a great week!






"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

Farm Girl said...

It is a very nice cover. Oh, I haven't done anything at all this weekend. I feel so guilty.
I tried hooking but I have no patience.
It is beautiful here since our rain is gone and the trees are blooming. I just wanted to sit around and read Dick Francis books. I have read three in three days. :)
Do you like your new place? I love Netflix and would be lost without it.

Anonymous said...

You can make me one too but looking at fabric today only confused me so maybe you can pick out something not too "gramma" looking!! Lol

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful cover and nice idea to cover up electronic items. Great way to use fun prints too.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Great cover! Printers tend to get dusty pretty quick, so great idea! Have fun with Netflix! They have so many movies to chose from! I hooked on my rug every opportunity I had this weekend. About half done...

Angie said...

What a lovely idea---thanks so much for sharing your 'how to'. We definitely need one of these. :)

kelley said...

great idea Jacque...I'd probably make mine out of wool so I didn't have to quilt it!

I worked all weekend so not much creative time...a little stitching on the 9 patches, cutting some strips for secret rug in progress...