Friday, March 15, 2013

Snow Days!

Those of you who have been reading this blog for a long while may remember that I started working on a quilt called, Snow Days.  Two years ago.  My good blogging friend, Sharon, and I are doing this together.  Across the miles.  Yes, two years...I know...I can hardly believe that myself!

I worked gung-ho on the stitchery blocks and finished those up in 11 months.   The last stitch worked was in January, 2012.  And, then it sat.  There seemed to be always something else calling to me and I just didn't get going on it.  

Until now.

I took a deep breath and jumped into it last night and started piecing the fabric block to go with the first stitchery block. There is still one more part to go and then I need to attach the stitchery block and do some more stitching on the pieced block.  It is going to be awesome!  (I hope.)


I thought I had a photo of the 'snow days' quilt here on my blog, but cannot find it.  I will have to scan one in.  

Have a great weekend!





"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

It is nice to get back to an old project and finish it. I have a few of those and I need to get moving.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Two years? Wooowie! I'm excited to see how these pieces all look when together! You are motivating me to get back to it! :-)

Jacqueline said...

Love the colors.. can't wait to see more.

kelley said...

sometimes projects just need to age before you can finish them...that's my story...