Tuesday, March 5, 2013

More...or Less...Baby Zigs...



It's snowing today...
started this a.m. and is still coming down.
Today was a scheduled day off for me...
I was supposed to go to the doctor, 
but that was rescheduled.
So, I've just been having a nice quiet day...
reading and sewing and chatting on the phone. 

I worked on the baby zigzag quilt a little bit...
took the last row of zigs
(or were they zags?)
away so that the center part
(where the zigzags are)
was more square.
I trimmed off the points,
and added a border of Kona cotton solid in Bone
and a border of alternating squares.
Right now,
this measures about 30" square.
I want it a bit larger, so will need to add to it.

For now, though?  I am going to read.




"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

Dog Trot Farm said...

Hi Jacque, glad to read you're enjoying a nice quiet day to yourself. Snow for us tomorrow and Thursday, just maybe Travis and I will get that snowman built...Can you recommend any good books? My lastest selections have been rather poor. The quilt top is coming along quite nicely. Hugs, Julie.

moosecraft said...

Oh my! It's beautiful! LOVE the greens... and the checkers with the zig zags is an awesome combo! You rock! :-)

WoolenSails said...

I like the border you did, really nice design.

Debbie