Saturday, May 23, 2009

Slow but Steady.

I'm still in my jams, but have been keeping busy!

The laundry is done.

2 packages are ready to go to the Post Office.
The quilt block is done. It's the one I was asked to do for SCAVMA - a student club at the vet school. I think there will be 20 blocks total (12" each) and, if I remember correctly, the finished quilt will be raffled off and the money given to the club. I posted a photo of the fabric here. Because I have no idea what the other fabrics are or if there will be sashing, I chose to border my fussy cut head studies with black. Did you notice...I made sure to get the chocolate labrador...ha! hmmm...The paw print fabric looks much more red here than it does in person.



Must keep on keepin' on...more to do.

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Jacque - this is gonna be so cool - just loving that paw print red! Oh and i noticed the brown dog and was looking for the collie!

Miccosukee said...

Love it!! Get tempted to take up quilting when I see blocks like this.


Have a happy and productive weekend!
trisha

Jacque. said...

Hey Joanne...I'll try to get a photo when they get the entire quilt done. About the collie...unfortunately, there were none on that fabric.

Thank you Trisha...nice to see you! I am really enjoying what I am doing with quilting. Obsessed might be the word some would use. ~grin~

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I just found your blog. The dogs are so cute I love the sashing and the little paw prints. P.S. I like the Newsboys too. Great music!