Saturday, June 2, 2007

Tango

Tango. After many years of having labradors, I decided that I wanted a collie. So, along came Tango, the perfect, 'what can I do for you?' boy...the dog of my dreams. I wasn't so sure about the tri-color...up to that point, I associated the typical collie with Lassie, who is sable and white. But, I figured Tango looked as if he was dressed in a tuxedo, and that set him apart from the rest. From the moment we started working together, we were a team in the truest sense of the word. We worked in obedience, agility and therapy. 

Here he is back in 1996.



His HIC (herding instinct certification) was a cinch for him. Not paying attention to the activities of the herding day at all, he 'turned on' the moment he walked into the arena. This was my first experience with herding...I was so very proud of him. Here's his photo...




Tango is the leader of this pack. The other dogs respect him...he is alpha without so much as a whisper. Here's a photo of him now, at 12 years of age...his colors have faded and his hearing is going, but he still is always ready for whatever I ask of him.


He is my calm.

No comments: