Sunday, June 3, 2007

In Progress...

I haven't written about my rug hooking. I actually haven't been doing too much of it, what with moving, final exam/grading for my online teaching course, etc. While packing up my personal rug hooking 'stuff', though, I did remember to keep my latest project here in case I had the time - or the desire - to hook. So, my 2sheep rug is what I'm working on...I did pick up the hook and pull some strips last night for the first time in almost a month. I started this rug at my first rug hooking camp back in 2002...and it's been sitting here all these years, waiting for me to pick up where I left off. Funny how things work...when I pulled it out this last time to decide if I was inspired enough to finish it, I had an entirely different idea of how I wanted it to look. I tore it all out (had the ewe's head and all of the baby done, is all) and started anew. I have struggled with it a bit, but right now, I think it's looking okay. Here's a photo of it...



I am reallllly looking forward to organizing all my rug hooking (business and personal) woolens, patterns, etc. at the new house. I have 1/2 of the entire basement to spread out in...can you imagine having all that space? Wall to wall wool (well, maybe not at first...ha)!!! Believe me, I am sure that eventually I'll be using all of that space up, though! Why crowd things if one has room to spread, hey? I'll take photos as I go along. ohyeah, I also need to get going on a top 10 priority list of projects.

I started with punch needle this past winter and find it fascinating (and soooo quick!). I completed punching a few pieces, but haven't done any finishing work on them. Looking forward to rediscovering what I have...I'll probably be surprised.

It's a beautiful and sunny Sunday morning...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice to read all that info! Joycie

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO JACQUE - LOVE THE NEW PLACE !!