Saturday, June 16, 2007

OPEN HOUSE

Today was my Open House! I think it went very well...23 friends/family came to help celebrate my move to the country. Travelling the greatest distance was my Mom, Ray (her husband), Aunt Bev, Uncle Babe and Great Aunt Florence, who drove down from Eau Claire (about 3 1/2 hours away). What a treat it was to have them here! Kim, as usual, was a huge help to me! Everyone loved my house (as do I), so I guess that means I can stay here! There was lots of food and a great time was had by all!

I didn't get pictures of everyone, but here are a few of my guests.





Aunt Bev and Uncle Babe...







Ray, Mom (smile!) and Great Aunt Florence...















Don and Elaine...I met E online through the collie email list about 12 years ago. At that time, they lived in Minnesota, but since have moved to Wisconsin...about 45 minutes away from me. We don't see each other often, so I am very happy that they came!
Though gifts weren't expected, I did receive some...what fun! I LOVE presents!

Thank you, everyone! A perfect day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacque! Congratulations on your new home -- Elaine sent me the link to your blog -- i met her on line last fall and we found a lot of mutual interests -- collies, music, classic mustangs......just wanted to say hi and let you know i've enjoyed your posts -- collies are beautiful but guess that goes without saying! Nice to meet you! bonnie

Anonymous said...

Fun was had by all !! Is the slush frozen yet ?!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a nice day! Glad so many people showed up too! JOyce

Brenis said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you're all moved in and LOVING it!
Sounds like you guys hd a great time at your "welcome home" party :0). Wish I could have been there to help you celebrate!
Did someone say slush??!! LOL
xo
Bren :0)

Anonymous said...

apparently the slush is frozen and Jacque sampled it tonight.....how was it??!!