Friday, September 20, 2013

Check That Off My List...

YAY!  Another project completed!  I am on a roll!

A former coworker asked me to sew trick or treat bags for her baby daughter and baby nephew.  They will be 6 months old at Halloween time.  I had previously made these bags for Nicole's son and another cousin.  Since these are for babies, I decided to make mini-bags for them to 'carry' this year. 

The first bag I made is for the baby boy (sorry, I don't know his name).  Two years ago, I belonged to Sweetwater's Label Crew Club and received some fun small projects...this was the October pattern.  This little bag was just too easy and quick to make.  It measures 5 x 5 x 2.5 inches.  

The one for Cassie is just a simple little basket with a ruffle.  ~grin~  I added fusible batting to this one, but I am not sure I like it.   This bag measures 5.5 x 5 x 2.5 inches.



The Strawberry Pincushion Swap signups close today.  I am really looking forward to working on that little project...but I have so many ideas floating around.  Which one shall I use?  I guess I will just have to grab one and run with it.   

It's Friday!  Funny, cuz when I worked, Fridays were a big deal.  Last day to work for that week.  Two days off.  The weekend is here!  Now, Fridays are not such a big deal.  Because every day is like a weekend.  Have I said lately how much I love being retired?  

Have a great day!




"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad you are retired too. Fridays are just the best day.
I love those little bags and I love that fabric with candy corn. I went and looked at your strawberry swap sight what fun is that. Jacque you find the nicest sights. Have a lovely Friday!

Lindy said...

Lucky you!!!!
I detest Fridays..beginning of my work week!!! But this Thursday, dawling and I off on a holiday!!!!!!!!!

WoolenSails said...

Those are really fun and a cute idea. I don't think Nicholas will need one this year.

Debbie

tiger459 said...

ohhhhh I love them!!! I can't wait! Cassie and Gavin(her cousin) Will love them too!! THANKS!!!

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

those are really cute!

moosecraft said...

These little bags are adorable! :-) They are going to love them! Good going on getting them finished too!
Retirement is a wonderful thing! Enjoy every minute!