Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday Sundries...

On sewing...As I've mentioned before, I joined the Strawberry Pincushion Swap.  On Friday, partner assignments were received...and I am quite excited!  Whilst stalking her checking her out, I noticed that we seem to have a few things in common.  How fun is that...especially when partners were randomly assigned!  I have several ideas floating around in my head...which one to do?  No clue, and we have only two weeks to get our pincushions in the mail.  What to do?  I think I'll make each of my ideas and then decide which one to send.  Or...perhaps I will send all of them.  ~grin~  

In the meantime, I thought I would spend some time making strawberries.  I gathered up fabric, ribbon, lace and buttons and have been happily putting them together.  Here's what I have thus far...
Some with lace, some with buttons, some with both, some with leaves...all of them different.  I have everything I need in a basket here at my side table, so whenever I have a few minutes, I can put one together.  Fun and easy to make...delightful to look at!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On fun things...I found the best app for my mobile device...one that helps me to take my medications on time.  I take one med twice daily and the other one once daily.  I never remember, so this is very helpful to me!  It's called MediSafe Virtual Pillbox.  With it, I can name the medication, choose what it looks like, select how many milligrams each pill is, indicate how many to take and when, mark that it was taken, as well as tell me when to call for a refill.  Now, how fun is that!  When it's time to take the medication(s), my mobile device pings, even if it is asleep.  Then, every 10 minutes - until I go into the app and mark the med(s) as taken - I get a reminder.  That reminder is the sound of a pill bottle being shaken.  Cracks me up!  When one is in the app, it shows a round pillbox divided into morning, noon, evening and night...with the pills that you take in the appropriate compartment.  It's so nice to have this!  To date, this is the best app!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On health...I was not feeling well yesterday morning, so cancelled Kaylynn's overnight visit.  I was very disappointed.  I took a nap in the afternoon, and then I seemed to feel better.  Hope it was nothing more than a little bug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On tv watching...I am on episode 13 (of 16) of White Collar, Season 4.  The new season will begin in October, but alas, I do not have the USA channel.  I'm hoping it will be available somewhere so I don't need to wait until next year to watch it.  Love that show!  And, I have just 3 episodes left of the final season of Burn Notice.  As each episode becomes available on Hulu, I watch it here on my laptop.  I am going to miss that show...it was a good one.  Looking forward to seeing how it ends...no spoilers, please!  The new season of fall shows starts this week.  I have my dvr all set to record several series.  I sure don't want to miss anything!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Snow Days...still planning on working on that in the near future.  It's my 'sit in front of the tv and stitch' project.  Now that I have all the pieced blocks made for the borders, I need to sew the stitched blocks to the pieced blocks and add the extensions of stitching lines to the pieced blocks.  And...stitch them.  Then, I need to make all the blocks for the center portion of the quilt.  ~sigh~  So much to do and so little time.  Course, if I would push myself a bit, I could get everything done that I want to.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On that's all there is...that is all I have!  

Hope you are having a good day.




"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I hope you feel better, horrid bug going around again.

Debbie

Dog Trot Farm said...

Hi Jacque, I would say that is a very handy app...no smart phone here so it wouldn't do me any good. Love you strawberries, and am looking forward to seeing the "swap items." Hope you feel well soon, Happy first day of Fall. Hugs, Julie.

moosecraft said...

Those strawberries look like chocolates! Yum! :-) That app is a great idea! I'm glad someone thought to put it together. I hope you are feeling better... Snow Days marathon starts in a couple of weeks here... looking forward to it!

Farm Girl said...

I hope you feel better today. I have been under the weather too. How sad you didn't get to have your favorite visitor come over.
I love those shows too. We went back to season one of White Collar this week just to watch a few episodes we liked. We like that show as well. I hope you have a wonderful week.