Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Coming and Going...

I sent out two packages last week.  They were delivered, so I get to show you what I sent.  ~grin~

I sent one package out to Jody, who lives in New Mexico.  She is my godchild and niece...her birthday was July 30.  I actually had these done the day before her birthday.  Why, then, weren't they mailed until August 29?  Oh, who knows...I'm just slow, I guess.  Two face cloths.  This is a new yarn I'm working with (I may have mentioned it before)...a blend of cotton and linen.  Perfect for face/wash cloths.  Color is Clementine.   

The other package went to Maine.  To Julie of Dog Trot Farm.  I adore her...and she adores her one year old grandson, Travis Lloyd.  He, in turn, adores tractors!  Whilst going through my fabric in this most recent destashing, I came across some tractor fabric.  Not sure what I had originally planned for it, but as soon as I saw it, I thought of Travis and knew what I wanted to do with it.

I made this bag for him to keep little stuff in.  Tractors, perhaps.
I love drawstring bags.  I made them for my sons when they were toddlers.  They carried toys to and from Gram and Grandpa's house in them.  Course, they weren't quite as fancy as this one (or the one I made Riley shown here), but they were completely wonderful and served their purpose(s) well. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love sending surprise packages in the mail.  And, almost as much even more, I love receiving packages!  One came in the mail today...from Sharon, my 'snow days' compatriot.  Just look!!

Want a closer look?  Okie dokie.  First up...scarlet pumpkin hand soap.  ohmy...the smell is soooo yummy!!
 

And, this candle...I could eat it up, it smells so delish! 

Embroidery needles...one each of sizes 7 through 11.  

I am always misplacing my scissors...seem to never have them on my side table when I need them.   Now, I have a pair that I will keep right there!  And, look at how cute they are, too!

This.  I cannot believe this!  It's a divided container for small things.  Every time I have gone to the temecula quilt co website, I have almost ordered this.  Not kidding.  Since back when Kelley Girl first introduced me to this website, probably at least 4 years ago.  So.  Thank you, Sharon!!!
WOW!  What a fun package to open! 

Thank you, Sharon...everything is perfect!  And, thanks for making today a fun mail day!



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

moosecraft said...

You're very welcome! I always have a lot of fun finding stuff to send to folks! I believe it was you that got me interested in those Temecula boxes! Yes... I have one too! ;-)

Farm Girl said...

Oh how fun. I love the goodies you sent out and the goodies you received.
Just lovely Jacque. I love the face cloths you made too.

WoolenSails said...

What wonderful items you sent and received. I have even seen those boxes in the home stores, they are reproducing them now.

Debbie

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

ok . . . so . . . um . . . after seeing your cute ruler box I just went and ordered the small one. Yay! thanks for the link!