Saturday, August 22, 2009

Unplugged...the explanation

Okay. Here it is. The explanation.
I made this quilt top.

I liked it, but I wasn't thrilled.
Kept looking at it and decided the squares should be made
with the same fabric all the way around instead
of trying to look scrappy, or whatever.
Not striving for perfection.
In fact, I know the recipient would be absolutely delighted,
no matter what.
But, I want to be happy with this.
I want to smile when I look at it.
Ya know?
So.
I proceeded to do some reverse stitching...
took the middle of the quilt out...
left the borders intact.
Took the blocks apart, but only to the point that I had to.
I have now resewn the 11 of 20 blocks that
weren't the same all the way around.
Didn't take that long.
Here it is on the floor, awaiting my final approval. I'm going to let it sit for awhile...
then come back to it fresh.
If you're wondering why the browns are in the middle...
they show up best there, away from the brown border.

I think Allegra approves.
...either that, or she's waiting for me to walk away
so that she can lay down on it.

No comments: