Friday, February 7, 2014

Is That Your Final Answer?


YES!  

Remember, back in January when I was having difficulty deciding on a quilt pattern to make me Mum a quilt for her bed?  Well, I thought I had it all figured out.  I wrote about it here.  I even made a practice block to make sure I could get out of that jelly roll all the blocks I would need.  Yet, here the fabric strips sit...
Aren't they pretty?  

I haven't done anything else.  Why?  Well, I had no clue.  Until now.  Lately, me Mum has been talking about getting a twin bed.  Though the quilt I was going to make would look okay on a twin bed, I had designed the top to fit a double bed.  It would look okay on a twin.  In my opinion, just not as good as the size it was designed for.  Know what I mean?

So.  I am going back to one of my original ideas.  I am going to make a postage stamp quilt.  

Remember this one I finished in September of 2011?
I love this quilt...it is so comfy and old-fashioned looking.  My sister, Jill, took one look at it and had to have it.    

I also made this one, though it's not finished...

I think a postage stamp quilt will be perfect for me Mum...and it won't matter what size bed she has.  


Though I have a few other things I need to work on right now, I am going to try to get this started this weekend!   

Stay tuned!


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

moosecraft said...

Perfect! I think those postage stamp quilts are great! A simple design to showcase those pretty fabrics!

WoolenSails said...

That will be a nicer look on a smaller bed, but still fit a larger one if she changes her mind again, lol.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I like the second photo of the postage stamp quilt, not sure why, perhaps the colors are more to my liking.
Mom will just love whatever you do. Can't wait to see it!!
Joyce