Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Another Small Project...

When I finished the bowtie quilt (which I have yet to show you), I had some cut off corners that I sewed into hst's and made a mini quilt with.  See it here.   That's all I did.   So there it sat.  Waiting.  

Last week, Amanda Jean of crazy mom quilts wrote of nothing but pillows.  And, it seemed that every blog I read was promoting pillows.  Amy, of Amy's Creative Side, had pulled together a group of bloggers to form 'Pillow Collective'...a way to share tutorials to help us all 'spruce up our living space one pillow at a time'.  There are some really cute...and great!...ideas there...you might want to check it out.

I've made pillows in the past...lots of them...but mostly to give away.  All the talk about pillows made me decide that I was really just going to have to make some.  For myself.  Finally.  Another 'been thinking about it forever' thing...you know how that is, right?  

Yesterday, when I ran across the little mini quilt, I immediately knew that it needed to be a pillow.  I pin-basted the top to a piece of batting and quilted it with a simple stipple pattern.  I used a variegated brown/cream thread...and then backed it with one of the fabrics from the same collection (Normandy Court) that most of the fabrics on the front were from.

Here it is...sorry, no pillow form.


Here's the envelope back...

It was a quick and easy way to use up some scraps!  

And, of course, this one is to be gifted.  But, I plan to make more pillows in the near future.  I even pulled fabrics.  That's always a step in the right direction.  

Have a good day!



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

5 comments:

moosecraft said...

Looking good! Great way to use up leftovers!

Anonymous said...

I loved the pillow cover. The other day I saw an idea to sew together several pillow cases then put pillows in them in order for kids to stretch out on the floor. Cute idea.
Joyce

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful pillow and great way to use up leftovers. I always throw away my scraps, but I do keep pieces of the good stuff, never know when you need a nice piece but small, for applique and I hate cutting into new yardage for that.

I like the envelope style want to do that with my pillows so I can make seasonal ones and change them out.

Debbie

Farm Girl said...

It is lovely and I bet you had fun with it.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

LOVE the fabric choices, Jacque! It's fun to have a quick finish from time to time.
xo
Donna