Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Small Project...

I love small projects!  Quick and easy...almost instant gratification.  Ya know?  

I have been thinking for a very long time that I need to make myself another pincushion.  I actually have two pincushions...the wonderful strawberry one from Donna of Brynwood Needleworks.  (see it here) That one stays on my side table, which is next to my big easy chair where I do my finishing work.  The other pincushion - the one that gets the most use - travels back and forth from the sewing machine area to the work area...when I remember to grab it and take it with me, that is.  It seems that it is never where I need it, though!  I am always getting up to hunt it down (not that this apartment is that big, mind you).  I could have made one at any time, but just never did.  You know how that goes, right?     

But, this morning, I was looking for something to do.  Mind you, I have enough to do...but I just wanted to do something simple and quick.  So, that's what I did.  Just now.  Made myself another pincushion.  I made it out of some Hope Valley (by Denyse Schmidt) fabric scraps that I ran across the other day when looking for something in my scrap bucket.  

I had to piece a few scraps together to make 2 of the squares...
Front

Back



I had to piece one of the strips for the back, too.  But, hey!  No biggie.   

I honestly don't know which side I like better.  But, I'm using the 9-patch side for the front.  This pincushion makes me happy. 

Have a good Sunday!
 


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute pin cushion. I'm surprised you don't have one on your wrist to eliminate looking for one! Lol
Joyce

moosecraft said...

Mmmm... nice bright colors to perk up a grey snowy day!

annie said...

cute, I like the back side best!

Farm Girl said...

It is lovely Jacque. I love pin cushions and I could make them every day. There is just something fun about them. Fast projects are just fun.

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

that is so cute! both the back and the front.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Oh, Jacque...Such a cheerful pincushion! One can never have enough pincushions, either. Love it! Hope you have a great week, girlfriend.
xoxo
Donna