Monday, November 2, 2009

What's in a Name?

Allegra's AKC registered name was Kelonie's A Heartbeat Away.
Kelonie is my kennel name...a combination of my Gram's first and last names.
Allegra comes from music...her breeder is a concert violinist, so it was very appropriate...allegro meaning quick/happy. The 'o' ending is male, the 'a' ending is female.
A Heartbeat Away...She was born with a heart defect which was surgically corrected when she was 3 months old. I thought this phrase was fitting because of her heart defect...it comes from Whitney Houston's song, 'One Moment in Time'. (For some reason, I cannot get a youtube video to load...but click here to listen to the song.)

3 comments:

dexmangoldens said...

She's free now.

Unknown said...

My doctor told me that a lot of people who have pets, mourn more deeply than the loss of humans. I think it's because our dogs give us such love and loyalty that we really deeply mourn their loss.
My little english cocker's death still brings tears to my eyes after 3 years. I still miss him terribly...so mourn this cherished and much loved pet.

Joanne said...

Jacque - thanks for sharing how she was named - that's pretty cool how it all means something!