Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Sewin'...


I finished Devin's quilt top...YAY!  It didn't work out the way I had planned...remember that flames fabric I was going to do the borders with?  Well, I sewed the side borders on.  Oh. My. Gosh.  I really did not like it...left it on for a few days, thinking I just needed to get used to it...but, no.  I ripped the borders off & bought more navy blue Kona solid to use, instead.  Course, it's a different dye lot...but I think once it's quilted and washed, it won't be too noticeable.  Nothing I can do about it, anyway.  I do like the look of this quilt and the blocks were super easy to make.  Sorry, I'm feeling too lazy to hang it so that you are able to see all of it...will do that once it's finished.  {You know I will.}

I need to work on some small Christmas gift projects today.  I have so much to do that I (almost) don't know what to do next.  I'm kind of restless today, too.  So, I'll do laundry & sew, wash dishes & sew, read a bit & sew...you know.  That's way better than wandering around aimlessly, which is what I've been doing thus far this morning.
  

Have a good day!

5 comments:

dexmangoldens said...

I like these colors. Devin will love it!

WoolenSails said...

I think having different shades of blue will give it more interest. I need to get off the puter and into the sewing room and get busy on my presents too.

Debbie

jane augenstein said...

Definitely looks like a quilt for a boy; he will love it! Wish I could get inspired to hook or sew or something! We are still working away on the downstairs bathroom; weekend, after weekend, after weekend! I will be SO GLAD when it's all done!!! LOL

Thistlebrooms said...

It looks perfectly wonderful Jacque.
Funny how we think we have the most perfect fabric (?) THEN we put it ALL together and, well, I'll just say 'Something goes amiss'.....
Too much of a good thing.....

Anyway Wishing you a Healthy & Happy Thanksgiving with ALL the trimmings...

Always~Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I think the different dye lot blue will add to it. It looks very nice and I am sure he will love it!
I had wondered about those wild flames but glad you gave it a try first to make sure. Love you, JOyce