Sunday, January 17, 2010

Things To Come...

Remember when I started the Wonky Log Cabin Quiltalong... 
back in September?

I never quite got into it as much as I thought I would.

That was when Allegra got sick...
and well, you know the rest.

So, I have 6 blocks done...
I think that's enough for a small quilt.
I was going to add blocks of the fabrics as a second border,
but after thinking about it for 2 days,
I decided not to.

(By the way, this is the Just Dreamy fabric collection by Riley Blake.)

I sewed on the plain borders today, cut the binding strips,
and have the backing fabric ready to put together.
All set to work on another day.

Measures about 38x53, which is an odd size,
but...it is what it is.

So, then...
I had all these strips that had been cut for the quilt...
what to do with them?

Ohyeah!  I could put together another stacked coins quilt! 

So I did.
Here it is...measures about 30x32.
(And I have lots & lots of 3x5 inch blocks left over.)

So, that was my day...
what'd you do?

4 comments:

jane augenstein said...

Hey Jacque! Two thumbs up!!! Love the log cabin quilt, you were busy today!

Thistlebrooms said...

I guess MY day was NOT as productive as yours Jacque!!!
Maybe if you have ANY spares you can send them this way...

Lookin' Good...
~Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I knit almost 2 dishrags yesterday!
I have some valentine colors!!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I too love the wonky quilt!!! You are so imaginative and creative!
Joyce

ps - Will send out check in the mail tomorrow. She is 48" tall so the 30x40 quilt size should be good for her, eh?