Saturday, January 9, 2010

BOM - Pioneer Sampler Quilt 2009

The top is pieced...YAY!

I used only 9 of the 12 blocks we received.
I totally messed one up...not once, but twice.
That made 11 blocks finished.
One I don't like much.
The other is a signature block.
They will go on the back.
This looks so much richer in person.

Started a new BOM today...Pieced Applique.
Here's a (really bad) photo.
I'll try to get a better one. 
This was taken by someone else whose
printer was apparently running out of ink.
The quilt is pretty, but definitely not my colors.
 I think it looks nice and fresh, though.
Reds, yellows, soft greens & aquas, black & white.
It'll be challenging, but I think a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

Jacque, your Pioneer Sampler top looks great! I can't wait to make one. The other BOM looks fun too. I really like samplers with the alternate chain blocks. It's going to be great! I got your e-mail and sent you one back! Thank you so much! ♥ Erin

JoJo said...

Love your Pioneer Sampler quilt. So pretty and soft looking. I also like the browns, creams and rust/red colors. Ummm, it looks warm! Just right for this time of year.

WoolenSails said...

Your quilts are gorgeous. I cannot sit at the sewing machine long enough to do just piecing and I don't think I could get my pieces are straight as you do, would drive me nuts;)

Debbie