Sunday, August 23, 2015

Forward Ho!...


Packing is not fun.  Just sayin'.  Unfortunately, it's something that needs to be done.  It really doesn't take all that long to pack a few boxes...it's mostly the going through things and deciding what I no longer want that is the most dreaded and time-consuming part of it.  But, I am making progress. There is only so much one can do until just a few weeks before moving day.  I have a list and am working my way through it.    

Canon (pronounced canyon) City, Colorado, here I come...I have a place to live!  Baby sister, Jill, helped so much...she found a nice two bedroom apartment for me that is within 1/2 mile of her house! I am so excited...two bedrooms means having a sewing room!  I have really missed having a separate room to contain my mess use just for sewing.  I am very much looking forward to that. My bedroom will be my bedroom and my living area will be just that. So different than having Naomi Janome and fabrics and all of the paraphernalia needed for whatever project I am working on covering the dining table.  Ya know?

I have continued to get some sewing done.  A former coworker asked me if I had time before the big move to sew 2 Halloween treat bags for her.  I could not say no.  In years past, I made these  and these for her.  Here are the two I made for her this year...
14x14x4 with fusible fleece and quilted

Only one more project that needs to be done before I move.  And, I have another special project that I am working into my schedule. Plenty of time.  
          
Tag is holding his own.  He continues to look forward to his walkies, is eating well...sleeps a lot, though.  I count each day with him as a gift.







"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

7 comments:

Kim said...

Having just moved a year ago, I feel your pain. Packing is no fun! But unpacking and putting your new home together is tons of fun. I'm happy you will have a craft room. Big hugs to the big brown dog xoxo

Farm Girl said...

I am so excited about your move. I think it is so great you will have two bedrooms, and be only a 1/2 mile from your sister.
I love those bags. They are so cute. I am so glad you can still manage to sew, I don't think I would be able too with a move so close.
I am so glad Tag is doing okay. I am glad you do his updates on Facebook. You both are in my prayers. Have a lovely day Jacque.

moosecraft said...

Yes! You will be having so much fun in your dedicated sewing room!!! Probably get even more accomplished (if that's even possible)?!?!? So excited for you! I know you're counting the days! Love those little treat bags... October will be here before we know it! :-)

Rugs and Pugs said...

So happy that you will have a separate room for your sewing. It makes creating so much easier when you can just close the door...lol.
Hugs to Tag :)
Lauren

WoolenSails said...

I am so happy that you have found a place so you can settle in when you get there and having a spare room will be nice so you can have a dedicated space for sewing. Love the bags, that is a fun idea, need to make one for Nick, have lots of halloween prints.

Debbie

Lynn said...

Love your Halloween bags and I REALLY love those squares up at the top of your blog. From scraps? I am on a quest to use up my scraps. Your squares are lovely, will make such a cute quilt.

Jacque. said...

Lynn, thank you so much for your kind words. Those squares in my header are made with the fabric collection of Vintage Happy by Lori Holt. The block pattern is Scrap Jar Stars, and the tutorial is found here... http://alittlebitbiased.blogspot.com/2012/01/scrap-jar-stars-tutoroial-giveaway.html
Have fun!