Tuesday, April 14, 2015

What's a Girl to Do?

In my last post, I wrote about having several big projects ahead of me.  I was planning on getting a  good start yesterday.  However.  I didn't get much sleep the night before, so I decided to take the day off.

Late in the afternoon, though, I found myself at loose ends...a bit of time with nothing at all to do.  So, what's a girl to do?  I pulled a few fabrics and made this basket...

It is called the One Hour Basket...and was so easy and fun to make.  You will find the tutorial here.  I didn't have quite as much fabric as the pattern called for, so my fabric basket is a bit smaller than the pattern makes.  It measures 8"L x 6"W x 5"H.

And, know what?  It was the perfect way to spend an hour.


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

Farm Girl said...

It is a perfect basket too. I really like that, I can see all kinds of possibilities with it too.

Kim said...

It's great. 1 hour? That would take me a whole weekend. Lol

moosecraft said...

Cute! I may have to give this one a try too! :-)

Connie said...

Hello Jacque, this project looks like so much fun and sometimes when you don't have the time to really get into a big project it is great to have something that you can do in a short time. There is just a real comfort in finished work and I find that sometimes the small projects are just what is needed to get our juices flowing into wanting to jump back into the more time consuming ones. I love your blog and have just become your newest follower. Please come visit and I hope that you will follow me back. I love sewing and quilting, but at the moment I am working to get our little home in shape and your garden ready for spring planting. We plant in May.
I hope to see you soon, my welcome mat is always out.
Connie :)