Sunday, April 12, 2015

A Mini-Vacation and a Long Break Ahead...

Tag and I went on a mini-vacation...we house sat for my friend, Claire (former landlady, current friend and Tag's vet).  We stayed at their house from Friday late afternoon through this morning.  It's always fun to have a bit of time out in the country. 

This is Tag's friend, Blue.  He is a Portuguese Water Dog...and quite the goofy boy.  Tag was not quite in the mood for Blue's exuberance; though, for the most part, he calmly put up with his antics. 




What really fascinated Tag was the fish tank.  He kept going into the room where the tank was and would stand there looking...and looking.  Sometimes, he would bark at the fish...just a quiet 'woof'.  ~grin~  I am disappointed that I did not get a good photo to show you...but sometimes the orange fish came down to the bottom of the tank to look back at Tag...as if to say, "hello, there!".   But, here is one that did turn out...the brown boy watching the fish.


We had a good time while there and I thoroughly enjoyed the quietness of being outside of the city/apartment environment.  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am about to go on a long break.  Not from this blog and not from sewing in general.  But, from the business that I have been wanting to get started for a long while...that of developing a line of doll clothes.  What will I be doing instead?  I have several commission-type projects that I need to work on.  Some that I have been putting off and some that are fairly new.  Plus, at least two quilt tops that really need to be sandwiched/basted/quilted in the near future!  Too much going on in the next several months to tackle everything.  So, I think this is the best way to do this.

And, I need to finish my Snow Days quilt.  I am at a good place with it...all the embroidery stitching is done and the center blocks need to be pieced.  Sharon, who did the Snow Days BOM with me, chose to purchase the fabrics along with the pattern.  Which, of course, means that each month she received fabrics along with specific block patterns.  I purchased my own fabrics, so I need to do some serious color planning...to decide which fabrics will be used for what sections of the center blocks.  

So.  That being said, here is a little commission-type project I finished the other day.  Three earbud cases (first shown here) for Cyndi...

and I have more to make.

I am happy that my sewing business is busy right now...it's the perfect time of the year for me to be busy.  The gray and gloomy days of winter are gone and the warmer weather is here...I am full of excitement and energy for getting these projects worked up and checked off my list.

Have a great week!


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

Farm Girl said...

It sounds wonderful Jacque, I am so excited for you and all of the wonderful things you have going on.
I love those pictures of Tag and the fish and I think Blue is a wonderful dog, I bet it was wonderful to be out in the country again.
Thank you so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oooh I love that purple earbud case!! Joyce

Dog Trot Farm said...

Hi Jacque, glad you and Tag enjoyed your mini break in the country...You are a busy lady...Love your ear bud case design, what a great idea...Finally, sun and warming temperatures here today...Have a great week...hugs to Tag...

moosecraft said...

OOOOh! That Mr. Tag is so darn luvable! He looks so cute sitting there watching the fish! :-)
Those earbud cases are fun! The red one kinda looks like a lady bug!
We finally had a weekend with sunshine and warmer temps... I'll send some your way!!! :-)

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Jacque:
You know how I adore that photo of Tag watching the fish. I really don't believe the is anything as precious and sweet as an old"er" dog. I loved Kes as an older dog perhaps even more than in her puppyhood. Your photos of Tag remind me of the love I've had for all my senior pups. Thanks always for sharing your boy with those of us who visit your blog. They really make my day.

I'm so glad that you're busy with commissions. It's nice to know our work is appreciated.

Have a great week, my friend.
xoxo
Donna (and Little Tag)

Miccosukee said...

Jacque,
So glad your "little" business is starting to take off. You have talent oozing out of your pores, no matter what you tackle. Hope you have that photo of Tag and the aquarium framed. It is soo precious.
I'll keep checking in on you.