Friday, August 12, 2011

How I Spent My Week with Pneumonia...

A huge thank you to everyone who has commented here and emailed me with get well wishes, good thoughts and prayers.  I am on the mend and feeling a bit better each day.  I've been taking lots of meds, (antibiotics, 2 inhalers, cough syrup and steroids) and they are doing what they're supposed to be doing.  YAY!  I go for a recheck on Monday.  

I've been reading and napping and watching tv (last weekend's Lucille Ball marathon was totally awesome!).  

And, I've done a bit of sewing.  Mind you, I do about half an hour of something and then I get tired and need to rest.  So, the progress I've made on these projects has been slow...but that's okay. 

So.  First up.  I finished this Christmas table topper.  It is for me Mum to give to a friend.  Fabric is Jovial for Moda by Basic Grey.  It measures about 23 inches square and went together very quickly.  Last seen here, I added the borders, quilted/bound it.

Second.  Here's what I have done thus far on my doll quilt swap quilt.  Last posted about it here...it's been waiting for borders...been very undecided about them.  I finally made a decision and put them on last night.  It measures 17 inches square.  I am a little behind...but I think I'll get it into the mail by the due date (August 16). 

Third.  Remember the Sunshine Quilt for Doreen?  Well.  When we met for lunch, Doreen  showed me a picture of Jerry, her miniature dachshund.  She absolutely adores him.  I mean...she is over the top in love with him.  (nothing wrong with that...just sayin')  He is pretty cute...but I am not a huge lover of small dogs.  So, I was a bit less effusive with my adoring praise than she thought I should be about him.  {grin}  He is pretty cute.  I guess.  So, now every time I talk with her, she asks me if I don't think that Jerry is just the cutest dog ever!  I decided that - because of his adorableness factor - or was it to do with how much my friend loves him - he deserved his own little quilt.  I had more than enough fabric scraps from her Sunshine quilt.  So.  I did what any other quilter would do.  Made Jerry a quilt.  Here's a photo of the finished top, which measures 15 x 18 inches.  I made a simple patchwork quilt with squares.  The borders are the same as the borders on Doreen's quilt.  Refresh your memory here.

And, fourth.  This is, after all, 'Christmas in August' for Sharon and I, so I am working on a Christmas gift.  I started this last Monday evening...and have made some good progress.  I'm using two basic stitches...stem stitch and back stitch...with twelve colors of floss.  It's much different than working on the 'snow days' blocks that use only the one variegated floss.  I'm trying to be fairly relaxed about color placement and so far, I'm happy.



Must go rest now.  I'll keep you posted on my pneumonia progress.  Please keep up the prayers and good thoughts.  Thank you!


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

12 comments:

Kathy (woolfind) said...

So glad the medicines are working. Sure hope each day you feel a little better till it's gone. Can't believe all you've gotten done. Wow! Lovely quilts and all that stitching on the Christmas gift. Amazing! Your hands never stop!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

You have done a lot for being laid up in a sick bed! I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better. I get major bronchitis every year and have to do the all the meds you're on. It's exhausting. Keep resting.

Your quilts are such fun. I love that you made your friend's dog a quilt of his own. She'll go crazy!

Take care and feel better soon.
Hugs and Blessings

Farm Girl said...

I have been so worried about you. Yes, you are amazing that you still get all of that work accomplished when you are sick. One thing I am thankful for is that this year you are not alone, but have your sister there with you.
Your quilts all look wonderful. I am praying for a good prognosis on Monday.

Joanne said...

Oh Jacque - amazing what you get done even being sick and "slow" (year right!) All are wonderful! Hope you are 100% real soon!

Pokey said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been so ill, my goodness! I do like your finishes, though, you are just amazing. (Wonky stars are great!)
Take care of yourself ~
:-]pokey

Cathy G. said...

Whew! Glad the meds are working! Keep up the resting as I'm sure you are doing!
I love the quilts! The little doggy quilt will send your friend over the moon!
The Christmas quilts are fabulous as is all your work Jacque!
My continued prayers and healing energies your way dear girl!
Cathy G

WoolenSails said...

Sorry to hear you have been sick again. I am not with it these days and understand how it feels to be down. I find hand stitching the easiest thing to do and work for a bit and rest, like you. Prayers that we both heal and can get back to normal.

Debbie

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I love everything you have made. You have me cracking up about the dachshund!

Dog Trot Farm said...

Jacque, I do hope you are on the mend, what a time you have had. How does one who is so terribly ill get so much accomplished? Please share your secret! Thinking of you, hugs from Maine.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Jacque ~
In spite of you being sick, you got a lot done. You go girl!!!
Jerry's quilt is adorable. We need a pic of him!
Keep getting better!
Hugs:)
Lauren

moosecraft said...

Oh my Oh MY! Love how that nesting time is looking! I hope to be working on some Christmas is August today and tomorrow... So relieve that the meds are working for you! Keep on stitching!

kks said...

Glad you're feeling better....looks like you've been very productive despite your feeling crappy! :)
Busy trying to get my lectures done! School starts in 2 weeks....yikes, where did the summer go?!
xoxo
I am now working 12 hr days (VMTH). No negotiation.....