Wednesday, August 17, 2011

DQS11 Done!


Well, I finally finished the 
dqs11 quilt last night...
measures about 17" square.
I wasn't sure how to quilt this...
tried straight-line quilting...
tried meandering...
just didn't like how it was looking.

So, I stitched in the ditch...
something I've never done before.

I think it looks okay.

I also made this lined zippered pouch
for my swap partner.
It measures about 6 x 10 x 2 inches.
 First time I followed this tutorial...
it was easy peasy.

Now to get them into the mail.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And, for those of you wondering...
Tag is doing an excellent job of resting while I rest.


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to my tutorial - your Doll quilt & pouch both look fabulous!! I bet your partner will be very happy. I'm so glad you enjoyed the tute :)

Farm Girl said...

So glad you have a fried to rest with. I think it looks grand.

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Tag is a doll! I love the quilt...looks great quilted like that, I think! Hope you are feeling better!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

ha, ha, Tag is funny!
Love the zippered pouch.
I am still thinking about tv pillows for grandkids for Christmas and will let you know.
joyce

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful pieces. I wish I could get into the mood to quilt, but brain is not cooperating;)

Debbie

Joanne said...

Absolutely adore this quilt and pouch and Tag of course too (boy he looks comfy) - Your swap partner is gonna swoon!