Friday, April 29, 2011

T-Shirt Quilt Done!

Well, I did it.
I finished the big bad t-shirt quilt!

My first commissioned quilt.
Here are the stats:
56 9" t-shirt blocks.
24 4" t-shirt blocks.
Sashing & border of Kona solid in Navy.
Denim backing.
Warm n' Natural batting.
Tied with perle cotton (~ 170 ties).
75 x 90 inches.
 

I apologize for this next photo being blurry.
But, you can see it well enough to see
that I did a pieced backing.

Now that I crossed this off my list,
I can move forward.
On to the next batch of projects.
Mother's Day is coming.
A special little girl's birthday is coming.
 Totes are waiting to be made.
Charity blocks are waiting to be made.
I am itching to start a quilt.
Just you wait and see.


Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might. - Ecclesiastes 9:10

8 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Awesome job! I just love these quilts. They are so meaningful for the person receiving them! You did good!
Hugs,
Courtney

woollylottrugs said...

Wow Jacque...how cool is that! Love it. Give Tag a kiss for me

Cyndi

Farm Girl said...

Wow Jacque you did a very nice job. I can't wait to see all of the other good stuff, I can't wait to see your little girls birthday present. :)

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

woo-hoo Jacque. I know you've been working on this for a while. That's a big quilt ( and a lot of ties!)

WoolenSails said...

You really did a beautiful job on that quilt, I love the blocks and the placements are perfect. The sashing fits with it beautifully, well done!

Debbie

kks said...

awesome job! love it!
xoxo

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Love this piece! Can't wait to show my daughter. she's been saving her tshirts!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love that quilt. What a lot of work involved! Joyce