Friday, October 1, 2010

A Small Project Started


As I said in yesterday's post, 
I haven't done much sewing at all lately.

I was kind of restless this 
evening & really wanted to sew.

I have a ton of projects...but what to work on?
I started a small one. 
One that wasn't really on my list.
Needed that feeling of accomplishment, I guess.

I pulled out my Kashmir III charm pack, 
cut the charms in half and,
in about 2 hours, had this done.
Measures about 30 x 37 inches.

It won't take long to baste/quilt/bind.

hmmmm...it looks vaguely familiar to me.
ohyeah!  It resembles this one...

Here's the story.
In early summer of 2009,
Brenis and I each bought a charm pack
of Kashmir III (the same fabric I later bought
a fat quarter bundle of, which I
recently used for Carole's quilt).
Brenis and I were going to make
each other a small quilt.
She made that one up there for me.
I surprised her by not using the Kashmir III charms.

Instead, and because she had been raving about
red & white wonky log cabin quilts, 
I made this one for her.
Yup, that is quilted with red thread.
Pretty daring of me only 7 months into quilting,
don't you think?

I feel better, now.
Ya know, for having used my sewing machine.
And, Naomi Janome is happy.  {grin}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh.  I found some more rug hooking books.
Well, I didn't actually find them.
They were sitting right there on the shelf.
Not sure why I didn't see them last weekend.

I'll be listing them on my selling blog tomorrow.
I need to work on organizing my woolens, too.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might. - Ecclesiastes 9:10

4 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Well that is good that you got to work on something. I was thinking about you and wondered what you were up to.

Susan said...

Isn't it great when something comes together that quickly and that well.

WoolenSails said...

Sometimes a small project is fun to do and finish.
Love the simple quilting with those fabrics, beautiful piece.

Debbie

kelley said...

great work Jacque...that Kasmir fabric is yummy...looking forward to seeing how you quilt it...