Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Small Project Finished




Not so long ago, I blogged about this here.
And, now it is finished.
I really love it...
but then, I love all the quilty things I make.
It measures about 30 x 34 inches. 

The backing is premium muslin.
Nothing exciting.
Purely functional.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know, when I first started quilting,
I finished each project before I started another.

Not so, anymore!
I have 4 completed quilt tops waiting to
be sandwiched/basted/bound.

Why is that?
I have no clue.

Perhaps because my creative juices
are flowing somewhere close to warp speed
and I am having fun trying to keep up.
Don't know.

But, it's an interesting thought. 



Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might. - Ecclesiastes 9:10

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty quilt and I think we all have many projects that we have started and set aside because of our creative juices. Have a great day..Lisa

Farm Girl said...

I've been going to sit down and write you a email. I was worried about you, does this mean you are feeling better? I hope so. I just sat down with my cup of coffee, I am so glad you updated. I was thinking, I like making the quilt tops but I hate the basting and the backing and the quilting part. Same as I like doing the rug hooking part but I don't like the edge part.
I think that is where I get bogged down.
Well glad you are up and around.
Miss you,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Jacque, Your quilting is nice on your little quilt! I am like you with loads of quilts waiting to be finished. My goal right now is to finish what I've already started. Today I started hand quilting a small top I've had completed for atleast 5 years now. I'm just doing outling quilting.

WoolenSails said...

I like that piece and the pattern.
I have a ton of things to finish, but really want to start some new projects. Too many fun patterns to make, hard not to want to make them all.

Debbie

Susan said...

That did not take long and turned out well. Simply lovely.

We tend to tire of one thing if we stay with it too long. I am learning to keep the number of current projects down to 5 or less. It is more fun to start a project but I am learning that the finish gives you a boost that nothing else can.