Friday, July 16, 2010

More Pneumonia Talk...and some sewing.

I'm home. I feel better. Perhaps not physically, but no more worries about hospitalization. Saw my own beloved Dr. Deaton today. Talk, talk, talk. Here are the results.

*Added a corticosteroid inhaler (Flovent).
*Added an antibiotic (Avelox).
*Continue with the Prednisone and the Albuterol inhaler.

*Have a CT scan of chest. Didn't have a base radiograph, so wants to take a real good look.

*Recheck appointment for Monday, though if I am feeling the same or better, I don't need to keep it (doc said).

*I am to be off work all next week. We'll see how I'm doing at the end of the week to determine whether or not I need more time off.

*Take it easy, stay in a cool environment (out of the humidity), drink plenty of fluids and don't overdo. I think I can do that.

So. That's that. I was feeling pretty crappy, so Claire (neighbor, landlady, vet, friend) offered to drive me. Thank you, Claire!

I'm hoping that these new drugs really kick this thing so that I can get back on track. But, I won't push it. Not going to relapse.

Thank you for all of your prayers, well-wishes, cares, and concerns. I appreciate you all far more than I can say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for 'some sewing'. I worked in very small increments of time. Seriously small. 20-30 minutes. No more than that. Usually less. Was really starting to need to do something. Ya know? Here's what I accomplished...

From this...
To this...
To this!

Now to just piece it all together.

Have a great Friday night and a wonderful weekend!

14 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I have been watching your blog like a hawk, so glad you posted about your doctors visit. I am glad you are home and no hospital, Yay!! answer to prayer. Very sweet quilt.
I hope you keep getting better and better. I wish I wasn't all the way across the country from you. I would come and bring you something to cheer you up, though you sound better.
So glad you are a bit better,
I will keep praying for you!

Dog Trot Farm said...

What adorable quilt squares, and you accomplished all feeling crappy? TAKE IT EASY! you want to be well enough to enjoy the remainder of the summer.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update and it was good to hear your voice on the phone. Love Joyce

jane augenstein said...

Oh, Jacque good news! Hope the new meds do the trick and you will be all better soon!!!
Cute quilt blocks, at least you can quilt while recovering! ;-)
It's so hot and humid here I feel like doing NOTHING outside! I wanna ride Big Gil but can't stand to be outside and he and Pokey hang out in the barn in front of their fan.
hugs....
jane

Cathy G. said...

Jacque,
Sounds like you're being a good girl and doing the right things. The quilting looks great! At least you can do something you love!!
Stay calm and medicated! You are in my thoughts!
Cathy G

moosecraft said...

That's great news Jacque! You should heal better at home simply because you can relax better. Funny thing about prednisone is that it increases your appetite... so make sure you have lots of snacks available! ;-) The quilt is looking CUTE! I think Kaylynn's going to love it!

WoolenSails said...

I am glad to hear you are feeling better and continue to do so. Love the border fabrics on the blocks, really fun mix.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Very cute fabric!!!! Joyce

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

Jacque-
I'm glad you're doing better. I love what you made. The fabric is too cute!

Erin

Pokey said...

I was glad to hear from you, Jacque! Your little squares are turning into something cute, and your print is adorable! Please take good care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Glad to read your health update and that you have another week off to recoup...hope to talk to you when you feel like it.
The polka dots look great with that fabric, good choices!
Take it very easy girlfriend!
Love,
Janer

Miccosukee said...

Jacque,
Glad you are following the plan. I will keep tabs on you. Don't forget to keep stroking Tag's head and remember the power of pray. I am sending lots to you.

trisha

Rugs and Pugs said...

Jacque ~
Get plenty of rest, listen to the doc, take your meds, listen to your body ~ ~ ~ AND GET WELL SOON!
Hugs :)
Laurej

Miri said...

Glad you're feeling a little better...hope you're back to yourself soon.

Adorable fabrics and I love the polka dots surrounding them! Super cute!