Sunday, September 13, 2009

OOPS! I forgot!

I never did post photos of what I accomplished yesterday...completely forgot. ~sigh~ Here they are...

This is my second wonky quarter log cabin block. I'm liking these a lot!

Here are the two wonky quarter log cabin blocks side-by-side. Ya know, I try to do random and it just doesn't work. I deliberately did not look at block #1 while putting together block #2...wanted no influence over what I was putting together. So. I think this clearly shows how my mind works. No such thing as 'random' in my head...my mind is too orderly, methinks. It cracked me up when I saw them together. See how all the colors/strips are the same color/pattern? Even the placement of the 'odd' piece in the middle of a strip? I need help. Seriously. LOL
Since I am making 4 of each of the four patterns of this quilt along (for a total of 16 blocks instead of 25 blocks most others are doing), I think I'll make the remaining two of this pattern similar...either as these two are, or use opposite colors and place them diagonally from each other. Know what I mean?

Here's my practice 'maverick' star. It's supposed to be wonky, but I think it might be a bit too wonky.


I have a list of projects a mile long (nothing new for most of us, hey?)...am hoping to get more done today. Soon, I won't be able to show you everything that I'm working on. With Christmas coming fast, I have lots of projects to work on. Seems like half of my family has birthdays in November and December, too.

Have a great Sunday!

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

The whonky quilt is going to be so nice all put together. They have so many fun animal prints now, you can make a quilt just with the nice designs.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

The wonky quilt reminds me of a quilt I'm quilting at moment. It is for Fall though.
I'm glad you left me a comment so I could come on over a visit. Love "Lassie"

dexmangoldens said...

Love the doggie quilt. For any dog I know??
I probably can't do random either.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Love the wonky star!! Is there such a thing as 'too' wonky??!! Looks good to me!