Saturday, December 1, 2007

Finally got another one done....


Here's what I've been working on...another pillow. This is 'sheep dreams' for Kaylynn...and it's showing darker than it actually is. But, it's all hooked and pressed. I love the woolens I used in this one! When I had my wool all over the living room - sorting through it - I found this lovely plaid I had gotten from Mary Flanagan woolens, and just by chance, I had 1/2 yard of a solid that matched it so well! I really have no idea what dye I had used on the solid...perhaps a bit of toffee??? And, of course, I always have brown on hand, so it wasn't difficult to come up with a piece that was perfect for the head/ears/leg! For the top of the head, I cut the plaid and the solid in half (so, like a #4 cut) and hooked one of each together in the same hole...and pulled the loops higher. I have decided that I don't really like hooking swirls, but I am happy with how this turned out.
I'll take a photo of all the pillows once they are completely done (ya know...once they are pillows).
Going to start on Conlan's 'brown dog' today.
That's all for now!

3 comments:

kks said...

what about me???!!!

Brenis said...

Ohhh my goshhh Jacq!!!!!!!! I LOVE how this came out! i love how that plaid and the other color looks swirled together!! She is going to LOVE this!!!! woohooo!! You goo girl!! :D

Tammy Burks said...

I love how your sheep turned out!!!