Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rug Hooking...Really!

Here's what I've been working on this past week...the Stretch Golden Retriever...one of the dogs in my new series of patterns. I know...all medium value woolens, except for the border and the outline of the dog. BUT, those are the colors I wanted to use and I am liking the look. Boy, are there ever so many browns to choose from...some too yellow, some too purple, but this one is just perfect for what I wanted. YAY! I hooked this in an 8.5 cut, and it measures about 7 x 27 inches...I am very happy with it.

I need to whip the edges with yarn and bind it, but that won't take long. Then, onto the 2sheep pattern that is waiting for background and border. In the meantime, I've been working on some custom designs for new clients who are also new hookers! That is always exciting for me.

Otherwise, not much new to share. Jasmine and Conlan (grandchildren) are coming by tomorrow...first time they will be here at my house! I'll take photos and post them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the rug Auntie. Come up with a cat design for me!! :) Love ya!!

Jody

Anonymous said...

Very nice rug! It looks great! Sounds like you are busy and having fun. Joyce