Saturday, August 19, 2017

The One With the Crossbody Purse...

ohmygoodgracious!  I received the crossbody purse that I ordered - custom-made - from my online (and soon to be in real!) - friend, Donna.  She makes absolutely stunning purses and wallets (and quilts and backpacks and pajamas and napkins and, and...).  Check out her blog here.  I met Donna when I was involved in an online swap...a strawberry pincushion swap back in 2013.  We had several things in common...listed in this blog post.  

Anyway.  She makes wonderful pieces.  I mean, really wonderful!

So.  I do not normally carry a purse.  I carry my little zipper pouch and my phone.  Thinking about going on vacation and the travel involved in driving to/from/around Wisconsin and I thought that, perhaps, having a purse would come in handy.  BUT, I didn't want any big thing...like one that could fit everything AND the kitchen sink inside!  Something that is just big enough for my cards, license, cell phone and keys.

One day, on FaceBook, Donna showed a crossbody purse she made.  Well, that is exactly what I need!  So...after much emailing back and forth, we had everything that I wanted figured out and she made me the best purse ever!  It's not too big, but large enough to easily slip my cell phone inside...it has a long strap and a wrist strap, a puppy on the zipper pull and an embroidered brown dog.  I mean, really?  Also, she made a pocket and card slots for my driver license and other important debit/credit/library cards!  It is amazing!  See for yourself...
Cork fabric exterior...measures 8.5 x 6.5 inches.

embroidered brown dog

cutest puppy!

My fave color - teal - lining with pocket and card slots.

I am soooo happy with this!  I must go somewhere tomorrow so that I can take/use it.  Don't you think?  

Vacation begins in 10.5 days!


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

moosecraft said...

Absolutely PERFECT!!! Such an awesome personalized purse! :-)