Thursday, August 17, 2017

The One About the Churn Dash...

As I have written before, the churn dash quilt block is one of my favorites.  I have made a few of them over the years.  Even finished a quilt and a mini made up of them.  Go here and here and here (You really should follow those links, you know...they provide 'can't live without it' info...~grin~).

Several months ago, I received an 'impossible to pass up' offer on a box of Cotton & Steel fat quarters.  Course, I knew not what to do with them...just knew that I needed to take advantage of said offer.  A churn dash quilt was what I decided on...which I started this week.  Certainly not a great time to start a project, but there you have it.  I will work on it this week, and then next week will be devoted to getting everything else done that I have planned to get done before we leave on vacation.  AND, my niece Jody will be here for a visit before we leave.

These are the fabrics I'm using...


And, here's what I have so far...

I have six blocks completed, with six more almost ready.  I was working on them one at a time until it dawned on me that I could work on several at a time...chain-piecing, here I come!  The blocks will finish at 12 inches and I am unsure at this point how many I'll make.  At least 25, which will make it a nice lap quilt.

I have a secret project I need to start tomorrow.  If you never hear another word on it, that will mean I failed abysmally.  Hopefully, you'll see the words 'secret project' again within the next week.  Keep your fingers crossed!  ~grin~

In the meantime, it is almost the weekend.  Enjoy the time!  

Oh, and I ran across this and wanted to share it with you...


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty fabric and I love that inspirational/ motivational ditty. Joyce

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful fabric and those will look beautiful with the churn dash design.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

That's the fact, Jack! lol! It's kind of like "You're as happy as you make your mind up to be!" :-)
Love those churn dash blocks! Pretty fabrics too! Good luck with your "secret project"!
I'm hoping to be sewing some this weekend... but, we'll see if the sunshine calls me outside to play! lol! :-)