Thursday, April 21, 2016

Finished!!!

It's been a good week in the sewing room.  Naomi Janome and I have been keeping close company.

First up is the sewing organizer I finished last night.  The pattern is by my friend, Donna, and can be found on the Craftsy website here.  I had been planning to purchase it for some time...finally got around to it and knew I wanted to use my Kashmir III fabrics.  If you will recall, I used Kashmir III to make two quilts...here and here
Front.  I used selvages for the ties.  I made them long enough
to wrap all around the organizer, which was different than the pattern.

Back.

I changed the inside a bit to be more what I needed.
The twill measuring tape makes me smile.  

As usual, I am coming very late to the party, but I am going to start making some projects with hexagons.  This organizer was made with that in mind...the perfect portable project to work on when I am spending time with me Mum.

YES!  Only 12 days until me Mum arrives!  The time is coming quickly...soooo excited!  

And, I have been making napkins...
Set of 4.

Separates.
   
Set of 4.


It's such a good way to use up fabric pieces that I know I won't use for anything else. 

My LQS is sponsoring a program called Quilts 4 Paws...asking for donations of kennel quilt pallets. There are general specifications to follow in making them...and will go to the dogs and cats of the shelter here and others in the state.  I  think I am going to jump on that wagon...what a good cause, hey?  

Have a great day!



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

Love the fabric organizer and love the kashmir with it, really makes a beautiful piece.

Debbie