Saturday, July 18, 2015

Catching Up...

Tag is doing well.  Although, I gotta say, Tuesday was a very rough day.  Tag did everything he could to avoid putting weight on his right leg.  He was in so much pain, poor boy.  Long story short, I increased his meds and he is doing much better.  We've been able to take short walks the last few days...something he enjoys immensely.  

I haven't been sewing too much, but I have gotten a few things done.  

While sorting through fabric a few weeks ago and cutting squares for my scrap containers, I cut out for 22 Kleenex cozies.  I showed 7 of them in my last post, and here are the other 15...



   
And, I made an 18" square pillow cover with back envelope closure for Kim.  No patchwork, no quilting, nothing fancy, but exactly what she wanted...


Speaking of pillow covers, I also finished the 18" square pillow cover for Rachel.  Quilted simply and with a zipper at the bottom...

Paul and Rachel will now have their quilt and two pillows each.  I am feeling good about that.  

I have some special projects coming up next.  I think you will be surprised.  Stay tuned!


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I am glad Tag is feeling better and he was able to go on walks. Poor guy. I am glad you got so much done anyway. You are always so busy. I like your header picture. I love those blocks.
I never asked but I was wondering, maybe you blogged about it but why did you decide to start quilting? You liked rug hooking and you were really good at it, so I was just wondering what made you change?
I hope you have a really nice weekend.

She Seeketh Wool said...

Aunt Jacque,
Are you still making kleenex cosies?? If I get a runny nose, I know where to come. Say hello to Tag for me.

Love,
Bruno
xoxox