Monday, July 6, 2015

The One About Cathy's Quilt...

YAY!  Cathy's quilt was delivered to her today...and it was well received.  You all know who Cathy is, right?  Of the Waldorf dolls and boxes of fabric she has sent me, etc., etc.

She is happy.  I am happy. 

Here are the photos...



For this quilt, I used the Vintage Happy fabric collection by Lori Holt with a few pieces of Bake Sale also by Lori Holt and a few miscellaneous pieces, along with Kona cotton solid in White.  The pattern is Scrap Jar Star...the tutorial can be found here.  Finished size (and after laundering) is about 50 inches square.  A nice lap-sized quilt.  I quilted it with meandering stars with a variegated thread.

I am so glad to have these last two quilts checked off my list...and in the possession of their owners.  These are two very special quilts for very special people.
       



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

5 comments:

Kim said...

It's beautiful. I really like the happy colours

Anonymous said...

I bet she is REALLY happy when she got that. Did she know she was getting it?
Joyce

kelley said...

wish do I love this one...very happy quilt...just like her dolls...

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Jacque:
What a beautiful quilt. I love your fabric and color choices. Thanks for the link to the tutorial, too. Another addition to my ever expanding "To Do" list. (wink)
xoxo
Donna

moosecraft said...

Beautiful quilt! The fabrics, design and quilting.... Love it all!