Friday, August 1, 2014

Calling All Models...

When I asked Cathy if she had any dolls that she wasn't using that could be used as models for my doll clothes, she answered as the wonderful and gracious person that she is.   

Emma, made by Barrie over at Moonchild Dolls, arrived yesterday.  I could not be more delighted!  Emma is a 15/16 inch Waldorf-inspired doll with brown curly hair and green eyes...and look at her feet!  It will be so much easier...and certainly more fun!...to have a model to work with. 
Emma

Because she had been placed on the wrong postal truck, Emma arrived very late in the day.  I am thankful that the carrier made a special stop to drop her off, though, instead of taking her back to the substation where she would have had to sleep overnight.

Emma was very worn out from the long trip from Virginia...

She promptly laid down on a pile of quilts with a little brown dog, who certainly seemed to welcome the company.  

I think I'll give her a few days to acclimate herself to this household and then we'll start in.  In those few days, I need to work on this next quilt I started...and I definitely need to think seriously about what I want to make for Emma to model.  Not that there is any shortage of ideas running around in my head...it comes down to which of those I can actually bring to fruition.

Cathy is sending two more dolls who are apparently very excited to be used as models.  All I know about them is that one is a girl and one is a boy...and that they are smaller.  I will let you know when they arrive (was there any doubt about that?).  Those two will remain with me.  Thank you, Cathy!  Emma is on loan, only.   Someday, she will be returned to Cathy.  Someday.  

And, in the meantime, there is some very exciting (almost beside myself) news in the making!  No details have been worked out, so I don't want to jinx it by saying anything.  Stay tuned!

Have a great weekend!
  



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

moosecraft said...

Awww.... I'm so glad that Emma did not have to sleep overnight in a dark sub station! Good thing she brought along her brown dog for good luck! Tooooo cute! :-)

WoolenSails said...

That is fun to have dolls to try on your dresses;) Love the little brown dog, that is such a cute set up.

Debbie

Farm Girl said...

Oh how sweet Jacque, I am so glad she didn't have to sleep on that hot truck too.
She is very pretty and I am sure she will be such a wonderful model.
I am also glad she will have friends. I bet your mind is just full of new ideas.