Saturday, August 16, 2014

A Dog Bed and A Tote and ...


This is great fabric, don't you think?  It is a canvas duck print fabric purchased at Hobby Lobby for Kim's dog bed.  It washed and dried beautifully and was great to work with.  I made the dog bed cover yesterday...it went together quite easily.  I double-stitched the seam and inserted a zipper along one side.  I also made a new muslin cover for the foam stuffing.  

I think it measures about 28 x 38 inches.

Kim sent photos of two (of her three) dogs testing the new bed.  They look like they are finding it comfy, don't you think?
Tahoe
Richard
Early Friday morning found me cleaning off the workspace in order to make room for my next project.  I was folding the remnants of the dog bed fabric, thinking about different uses for them...and decided to make a tote bag.  For Kim.   I am not sure what she is going to use it for, but Kim loves it.  ~grin~

It measures about 14.5 x 10 x 2 and is lined with Kona Cotton Solid in Ash.
  

So, here's something to boggle your mind.  When our thoughts are turning to schools starting, Fall arriving, pumpkins and Halloween and all of that, I am asked (by my beautiful and super wonderful godchild) to make Kleenex Tissue cozies.  Okay, nothing to boggle anything with that sentence.  I am not sure what I was expecting, but it surely was NOT pastel fabrics!  But, that's what caught Jody's eye and so that is what I will make 15 Kleenex Tissue cozies for her with.  

I made 7 of them yesterday morning.  Shaking my head the entire time at the so-very-Easter colors I was working with.

They look great, though, don't they?
I am happy to do whatever Jody wants.  

So, that's about all I have for today.  

Don't work too hard...take time to enjoy yourself this weekend.




"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Well, girlfriend...You did a great job on the dog bed and tote. (I LOVE that fabric, and might have to go to HobLob to check it out!)

I giggled when I looked at the fabric choices for the tissue holders. You're so right...much more Spring-like.

It's great to see that someone is getting something accomplished. I'd better get busy or I'll start to lose followers/friends!

Have a great weekend, my dear. Hugs to you and Tag E.Butt from me (and Tag-wart). lol
xo
D

WoolenSails said...

That is beautiful fabric and looks wonderful in the bed and tote. I have specialty fabrics and thinking I need to make some totes and some kitty beds too.

Debbie

annie said...

loved the fabric!

moosecraft said...

Awesome use of some great fabric! Looks like the pups approve! :-) Pretty colors on the Kleenex cozies!

Saundra said...

Grrrreat fabric for the dog bed AND tote. I've made a few dog beds in my time (no tissue holders tho) and that fabric would be wonderful. Were it not for the fact my Ben's dog bed covers are in tact, I'd pick up that fabric for a new one myself.

Saundra

Farm Girl said...

I love that fabric and how happy the dogs look on their new beds.
More Kleenex holders? You must be able to make them so fast.
Have a wonderful day