Friday, November 29, 2013

Napkins...

Spoiler Alert!  If you are a relative of mine and you rarely read my blog (you know who you are)...this is not the time to begin reading on a regular basis! 

While sewing napkins the other day, I decided that I should make more to give as Christmas gifts.  So.  I pulled fabric from the 'hmmmm' pile and started cutting and sewing.  Do you have one of those piles?  You know...fabric that just really doesn't fit with anything else you have or would have, but you don't want to get rid of it...but what will you ever use it for?  I made 14 napkins...some for Kaylynn and the rest for Joyce's young grandkids.   Everyday cloth napkins.   

                 

And, I made these...


I ventured out today, but just to pick up a few groceries.  I am not brave enough to face the crowds on this day.  Are you?  Did you get some great bargains?




"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

5 comments:

annie said...

no shopping for me today, unless you count a pack of band aides (ouch)and the dog food, nothing could sway that! dogs rule, even on black friday!

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful napkins and nice idea for gifts. No way was I going out, plus I had the baby today. Tomorrow is our day, Bill and I will go for a drive and stop at shops and hit the ocean, but just a look, too cold to get out and walk, lol.

Debbie

kks said...

cute! the circle pattern is my fave…:)
xoxo
can't believe you ventured out on blk friday…i didn't leave the house!

moosecraft said...

You certainly found your sewing mojo! These are pretty!
NO shopping for me yesterday... never have shopped on Black Friday because of the crowds... and the mall parking lots... geeez! I stayed home, ate leftovers and stitched... lol!

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

I've often thought of making napkins but then don't want my precious fabrics to be stained. Ha! Do you serge the edges or do some other fancy hem?