Monday, November 18, 2013

Button, Button...

I took some time this morning to play with Naomi Janome.  I've had her for 4 years and have never made a buttonhole.  Not that I had occasion to make one...quilts don't often have buttonholes, ya know?

Naomi didn't let me down...it was easy peasy!  Just attach the buttonhole foot, insert the button you're making the buttonhole for and GO! 

I made 3 different types...the ones I will likely use...

square

rounded

keyhole

The thread I used is a 60 wt. polyester...not one I would typically use.  A thicker thread will make for a much better looking buttonhole...more filled in. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The muscle strain in my forearm is much better, though I still need to be careful when picking up heavy objects...and when doing something like I did to strain it in the first place...OUCH!  Thank you so much for your well wishes and inquiries.

Have a great week!




"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Don't feel bad, I've had mine longer and haven't used a third of the features.

Debbie

Dog Trot Farm said...

Hey, you're making headway but don't over do!!!