Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Slight Delay with Curio...

I have gone as far as I am able to with my Curio quilt...for now.  I need more background fabric.  In my last post, I showed a photo with half the blocks done.  For the second half of the blocks, I have 9 A blocks and 1 B block done, as well as parts of the remaining 8 B blocks.   

**Word of advice...if you buy fabric for a quilt that you know you won't be working on right away, be sure to purchase everything you think you'll need to complete the quilt.  This is especially important if you are working with a specific fabric collection.  Some fabrics are gone in a snap and there you'll be.**

I wasn't sure I was going to find more, but I was fortunate.  I asked Lindy (my almost-birthday-twin who gave me the fabric last February) to check with the quilt shop she purchased it from...and they had some of what I needed!  YAY!  It will be here in a few days...and then I will resume working on the quilt. 

 I haven't been doing too much.  Took a lot of naps last week.  Not sure why, as I wasn't sick...just seemed tired all of the time.  I did a little reading and knitting, and, of course, spent time sitting in my big easy chair with the brown boy.  Once in awhile, the cat deigns to join us...

Being a big fan of American Idol, I am looking forward to this week...the start of Season 12.  It will be interesting to see how the new judges do.  Wednesday...Be There or Be Square.

I like using my crockpot.  It seems I use it more on the weekend.  It has come to my attention that there are now crockpots that are programmable, and have temperature probes!  Wowzee!  Mine is several years old and works just fine.  Yesterday, I made chili...

Today, I have chicken breasts in the crockpot.  Alas, no photo.

Well, I think that's all I have for now.  

Have a good evening and a quick and easy work week!  






"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, I totally agree about getting enough fabric; I just sorted through some of mine and I find I always buy more than I need-now I'm passing it on to the granddaughters.
I love Idol and can't wait to see the new dynamics. I hope you have a wonderful evening!
Noreen

Dog Trot Farm said...

I hear you about the fabric, same things goes for wool when hooking...snuggling up with the big brown dog sounds like a fine way to spend an afternoon. I'll have to check into this new crockpot, I use mine a lot too. BTW, the chilli looks delicious. I am sorry to say I am no longer into American Idol, or reality TV for that matter. The one reality tv show I do cave to is The Amazing Race. Have a good evening, blessings, Julie.

moosecraft said...

I was really pooped all last week too! Maybe it is that Winter Syndrome thingy? Still tired today. Chili looks yummy!

WoolenSails said...

I am glad you were able to find more fabric, I have that happen all the time, since I use a lot of old stash from others, lol.

Debbie