Saturday, September 10, 2011

Corn, Blocks & Dogs...

A bit of this and that today...

One afternoon, as Julie and I were driving home, I wondered aloud how tall the field corn was.  Julie stopped her car and stood next to the corn stalks so I could see.  You could say that she is...outstanding in her field.  (ya know...out standing in her field)  {grin}  Okay.  Never mind.  Julie is 5'4".  But really...see how tall the corn is?


  
I finished two more blocks for the Summer Sampler Series Quiltalong.  Yesterday's block is called 'Star'.  It was paper-pieced.

The block I finished today is called 'Arkansas Traveler'.  It also was paper-pieced.

I have 5 more blocks to make of this summer sampler, but I may make an additional 4 blocks to make it larger.  Time will tell.   

                 

The boys (read dogs) were having a grand time chewing sticks and pieces of bark (ya gotta eat a certain amount of 'bark' so you can make good noises, mama!...???). 

Hope your weekend is wonderful!


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Love those doggies! They seem to be friends now. Your quilt blocks are great. I just got two novels out of the library which have a quilting theme...now I can live vicariously!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs!

Dog Trot Farm said...

WOW, now that is some tall corn! Beautiful quilt blocks Jacque, hope your health continues to improve. Julie

WoolenSails said...

I don't do corn fields, watched too many horror movies in corn fields, lol. Love all your new pieces, you really have been busy. I need to get back to my machine.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

"Outstanding in her field" lol! Love those quilt squares! The boys look like they are having a lovely afternoon!

Farm Girl said...

Your yard looks so pretty with the sun shining through those huge trees.
Your blocks look really good. Your points are wonderful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails