Monday, September 12, 2011

Quitter...

Two more blocks of the Summer Sampler Series Quiltalong quilt were finished over the weekend.  

This first one is called Lucky Pieces...all half-square triangles.  Not too bad to put together at all.

After I finished Lucky Pieces, I looked at the remaining blocks and made a decision to do one more and call it quits.  So, I chose the one called Rocky Road to Kansas.  This one was definitely more fun than most of the others...paper-piecing that started with sewing strips of fabric together.

After I found a pleasing arrangement for the blocks, I added sashing all the way around.  

I am liking this.  A lot.  But, it's only 48" square, so I need to add about 6 more inches on each side.  I think something simple for a border is called for...so as not to detract from the blocks.  Don't you agree?  

Have a great day!




"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

Ann said...

I LOVE the colors you combined for this quilt. Can't wait to see what you do for the border - me? I would incorporate strips of color. Please show us what you decide on. ~Ann

Farm Girl said...

Very pretty, I like it very much.

Dog Trot Farm said...

I must say my favorite square is the "Rocky Road", but how very pretty when all pieced together. Lovely Job!

moosecraft said...

Wow! You sure are stitching up some great blocks with these fabrics! I really can't think of any input for the border... but I do know you will figure it just right! Enjoy the sunshine and cooler air!

Lynn said...

This is so cute. I love the colors, and the way you've arranged the blocks. Great job! Wish my projects turned out like this ;)

Anonymous said...

I guess I missed this posting on your blog!!! Wow, those blocks are awesome!!
Joyce