I cannot believe it...another exciting win for a fave of mine! Continuing on with the sports theme that I started with the Dallas Mavericks in the previous post...I must tell you about something else exciting that happened!
Four-time NASCAR Cup Series champion. Three-time Daytona 500 winner. Four-time Brickyard 400 winner. And the list goes on. Jeff Gordon wins at Pocono for the fifth time in his career!
Okay, I know you're wondering why in the heck I am happy about Jeff Gordon winning a race. I don't watch races. I've never been a fan of racing...no, not even when Dad took us to the stock car races...sorry. However, I've always been a fan of Jeff's. Let me list the reasons for you:
1. He drives the number 24 Chevrolet car. I was once 24. And, I've had more Chevrolets in my life than any other car.
2. DuPont is his sponsor. They manufacture teflon. I use teflon pans.
3. He has won the Daytona 500 3 times! I have gotten 3 speeding tickets.
4. He now has 84 wins. 84 minus 24 (his car #) equals 60. I'll be 60 in 8 months.
5. He's going to claim Denver, Colorado as his home base...I'll be moving to Colorado when I retire.
okay, enough of that.
Congratulations to Jeff and his team!
Unless something untoward happens elsewhere in the sports world in the near future, this is my last post pertaining to anything sporty. I promise.