Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rag, Leaves, Mini, VIP...

First of all, cuz I know you're all wondering, Allegra is doing fine. Same, in fact. Though, she does seem to be eating better...could be the prednisone is working...or it could be the fact that I have found the correct size of meatballs to feed to her. No, not meatballs like with spaghetti, but small pieces of canned food rolled into a ball. Much easier for her to eat.

Second, I had a crappy a** week. Worried about Allegra, then my car broke. Thank goodness it was just the battery, but I still had to go without my car for 3 days...and rely on others to take me to work and back. What a pain. For them, as well, I am sure. So, when I went out to get the mail and found a large package waiting for me, I was amazed. Who was sending me something??? I knew it wasn't my quilt from the doll quilt swap...the box was too big. And, heavy. Well...I tell you...I cried my eyes out when I opened the box. Sharon, a friend from a wonderful group called An American Primitive Gathering, sent me this kit to make my very own rag quilt! How totally awesome is that! Thank you so very much, Sharon. You are so very generous! This was exactly what I needed on that day. (the colors are much richer...cannot get a good color for some reason)
Sharon also sent along a magazine, "American Patchwork & Quilting". In it was this quilt pattern. Isn't it lovely??

I walked into my LQS yesterday to pick up my next BOM kit and saw bolts of these luscious leaves...had to buy some fat quarters to use for the leaves of the aforementioned quilt!
Third, here is the mini quilt I received from my partner in the Doll Quilt Swap 7! Anna saw that I, too, was a Christian, so she wanted to make something with a verse. This is what she did. Isn't it just the perfect mini for me? Totally AWESOME!!!

Anna wrote, "When I found this verse I just thought of how we always focus on our flaws & not the beauty in us. So I made the quilt kind of wonky & with some wrinkles as a reminder that no matter how many flaws we may focus on, we are God's amazing creations."

I absolutely love it! My first doll quilt swap was so much fun...the next one doesn't start until the New Year. Thankfully, I have a ton of things to get done by then...so the time will go fast.
I am working on a very important project...hoping to get it done this weekend. Here's a sneak peek:
Hope you all have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Aren't you a lucky girl to get all that stuff. You certainly are busy with all those quilts and projects. So glad Allegra is doing fine. I will see you in 13 days! Love you, Joyce

WoolenSails said...

I am glad Allegra is holding her own.

That is gorgeous homespuns and I know you will make a beautiful quilt with them. I love mini quilts with sayings, they make great gifts too.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

I'm keeping positive thoughts about Allegra! I'm thinking things will work out! :-)

Yes! do remember that leaf quilt! Love those fabrics you picked out for it! Now I can't wait to see it! Have fun with it!

That doll quilt is just perfect! And so true!

dexmangoldens said...

That was a nice surprise!! Glad Missy Allegra is doing ok. Will be seeing Jill and Tim soon and the rest of you sisters later!!
Hugs and kisses to Allegra.
Love You.

Thistlebrooms said...

First of all, I'm glad to hear you found the right size 'MEATBALL'...

All that wonderful fabric from wonderful people AND at a time when your Heart needed it...

I love what Anna wrote to you, wish more people would concentrate on that...

Thinking of You...Marilyn