Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's Nine O'Clock On a Saturday...

oh. It's past 9 o'clock...and it's Sunday, not Saturday. huh. How does the weekend go by so fast???


Here's my newest mini...again, made with scraps from the quiltalong quilt. I finished handsewing the binding on last night and washed/dried it this morning. About 23 inches square, I think.


I am in love. Again. Just can't help myself.






I thought I was on the verge of making a major decision concerning my sewing/hooking projects. Had been thinking about how it must sometimes be difficult for you all to come up with different flattering words to describe my sewing/hooking pieces. I wondered if, perhaps, I should show them only when they are finished. Then you wouldn't need to comment 3 times on the same thing...when I show the fabric/pattern/whatever, when I show it partially done, and again when it's completely finished.


But. Then. I thought...what would I blog about if I did that??

So. Instead, I thought that perhaps it would be helpful for you to have a list of words to choose from each time you comment on something that
1. I am going to work on
2. I am working on
3. I have finished.

oh, no thanks is necessary...I'm happy to help out. After all, what are friends for?

Here you go (in no particular order)...
beautiful
splendiferous
beauteous
gorgeous
amazing
awesome
stunning
lovely
pretty
glorious
resplendent

There are several more favorable adjectives you could use, and please, feel free! I just grabbed these off the top of my head.

(for those of you who don't know me well, the above was typed with tongue firmly in cheek)
I really need to work on putting my sandwich together (quilt top/batting/backing) to stay on track for the quiltalong. ohyeah...and quilt it! Instead, or should I say, in addition to, I may work a bit on another project I started yesterday. I am excited about it. Alas, I cannot show you this one.

Have a great day!

9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Well how about fun and cheerful:)
I like the colors and the wonky stitching, a happy piece.

Debbie

Brenis said...

Vundebar!! Magical! Amazing!! :D It really is darling! I love that piece you used on the back too!

jane augenstein said...

WOW!!! Jacque, you are becoming quite the quilter! Good for you, beautiful!!!!! :-)
~Jane and Gilly~

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

You're like me, Jacque ~ sometimes we have to stretch things out to have blogging material!! I think we all like to see things in progress!! And it is all those words you chose ~ and more!!

Joanne said...

Stupendous!

Oh Jacque - you do make me giggle! You are one crazy lady but I love it and love reading your blog - whatever you talk about just makes me smile!

kelley said...

OUTSTANDING job Jacque...love the pieced back...and I've peeking through my fingers really helps limit the color invasion...LOL...seriously, you're work is the bomb-diggity...

JoJo said...

Okay, Jacque, it really IS all of the above. Very pretty. Is this little quilt-ette one that you're going to keep or is this one that will be passed on to the hospital?

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

the mini is really resplendent! (i don't think I have used that one before) i love the backing!
your list is perfect!LOL! and i WILL use it!LOL!

Tammy Burks said...

Jacque,
This is my favorite so far of what you've done. Of course, being the color girl that I am, I'm sure you're not surprised.

I love it when you and Brenis jump into the brights....this just makes me think of summer and sunshine and happiness....love the multicolored thread you used.

Splendiforous indeed!