Saturday, October 13, 2007

2 Days with my SISTERS...the Visit!

As the saying goes, "all good things must come to an end"...but what a good visit my sisters and I had! I love my sisters...though we live apart from the others, we are all close in heart...and always so appreciative of the time we have together.

Here is the arrival of 2 of my 3 sisters in the late afternoon on Thursday. Joyce (14 mos older) is on the left, and Jill (7 years younger) is the driver. Julie, who moved to Colorado earlier this year, did not come.


After unloading the vehicle, meeting the dogs and getting settled...and after I showed Joyce and Jill my house, we sat down and chatted for a bit and then exchanged gifts. Our Mom had sent along a few things for us to open, too...and we called Julie (at work in Colorado) while we opened everything.

Here's Joyce on the phone with Julie...

Here's Jill on the phone with Julie...


She's holding up a framed sketch our Mom did of a piece of our childhood...the brick wall at the end of our driveway. At least 1/2 of us had mishaps which involved this wall...can you say, "OUCH"? Here's a better photo of the sketch. Good job, Mom!!


Jill has a longtime friend who sings & plays guitar in small venues (bars) and he was in Madison that night, playing at Babes American Bar & Grill. Joyce had never seen Tuck perform, so we went out for the evening. I call him a hillbilly, just cuz he's a good ole country boy. He sings some Pink Floyd, Neil Young, Badfinger...as well as his own music. He's pretty good and fun to listen to.

Here's Tuck - at the end of his night - with Joyce and Jill...

By the time we got home and went to bed, it was about 2:00...{yawn}. The dogs and I got up at 5:30 and spent a very quiet time together until my sisters got their lazy butts out of bed around 8:00. I made breakfast and we spent a nice chatty morning together until it was time to get moving and ready to go SHOPPING! We went to Kohl's, which is one of my most favorite stores...


Jill wanted to know, "Does this color look good on me???" Joyce and I both thought so, so she bought this jacket...


We ate at Perkins, a favorite place to eat...we all had the famous BLT Chicken Breast Salad.

Though none of us needed it, we split a chocolate malt 3 ways...ohyummy~





















We were so full, we could barely smile! haha!

Yes, this is the only picture of me with either of my sisters.


After rolling out of the booth and getting back into the car...Joyce wanted to buy souvenirs. Off we went to Wisconsin Active Sportswear where she bought t-shirts and sweatshirts and magnets, keychains and a shot glass! Good job, Joyce!


One more stop...Harley Davidson! Jill and Joyce have long been associated with Harley Davidson bikes & men.



Finally, we are DONE with shopping! YAY! We came back home to my house, chatted while they got ready to leave and then Joyce and Jill had a quick bite to eat. Just before they were ready to go, my son showed up with his family. Joyce and Jill had never met Paul's fiance, Rachel, or her son, Devin...or his daughter, Kaylynn, so it was good that they had some time with them before taking off for Jill's house. (more about Paul's family in another post)

Great Aunts Joyce and Jill with Kaylynn...





Joyce and Jill must get going...



BYE!
I love you~
and miss you already~

3 comments:

kks said...

What a lovely post, I wish they could have stayed longer, so we could have had more food...!!!
kks

Anonymous said...

So glad you all had a good time...great pictures of all!
Your Soul Sister,
Janer

Anonymous said...

Hey that was a great post!!! I like the picture of my arm out the window!!! Thanks for a great time! Love you, Joyce