Thursday, September 13, 2007

2Sheep

Here's where I am with my 2Sheep pattern...I'm about 1/2 done with the border and background! If the eyes look a bit odd to you...it's cuz they're not hooked, yet! No special reason...just haven't done them. You know, I'm not a huge fan of hooking round shapes...I've already hooked 15 of those berry/cherry/grape thingies...and have 21 of those little suckers left to hook! ugh!!

This has been a great learning experience for me...it's the first time I've used several different textures and it's been very interesting! The only areas that are NOT textures are the border and the background (ohyeah, the ewe's face and legs). The border is a brown/black and the background is Kashmir, a dye recipe of my own. I started this rug in 2002 at the one and only rug camp I attended...became determined to finish it this year! I have completely changed everything I had done back then...even the color planning!


That's it for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks very nice! Can't wait to see it complete! Joyce

Sunnie said...

Hi Jacque! Love your 2Sheep rug and it is coming along nicely! Aren't textures fun to work with? I love to experiment...I guess all my rugs are experiments!!!!! LOL
the border is great too! Hugs to you! Sunnie : )